Friday, April 22, 2011

Standing up to Domestic Violence

Gosh I am angry, not at anyone I know, but angry.  I talked with a friend yesterday. She kept rubbing her hand and I asked her if there was something wrong with it, if she had hurt it.  She told me a couple years ago her husband had broken her hand.  I was floored.  I have known of domestic violence for years, talked to many men and women over the years that had been involved in domestic violence.  But still I heard it again and I couldn't believe it.  Today it happened again.  Chatting with a woman and she started venting about her ex-husband how he had attacked her and scared her so bad she hid for three hours in the dog house in the back yard before being able to get to the car and escape.  Ugh! How can this happen?  It happens so often that it just sickens me. I have tears of anger and sorrow in my eyes as I write this.

Men, sorry, but what the hell are you thinking? It's not OK! Get out of the fight before it becomes physical. WALK IT OFF!  

What can I do about it?????? I have to do something.  This is such a problem how can we not do something about it.....

I decided a few weeks ago to do something about it.... next spring I plan to walk across Idaho in 7 days. Going town to town and calling out to men to be men, to ask men to make a pledge to stop beating the women in their lives... whether or not it is their wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother... it's not OK.

Join me in this rally call.

IT'S NOT OK!
WALK IT OFF!

There are a lot of things I need to do to make this work.  I need to get in shape.  Working on it.  I need support from towns all along the way.  I plan to speak on the steps of city halls all across Idaho.  I need prayer that God will provide, the equipment, funding, sponsors etc. I need to have this all in order by January. Believing God will work miracles. That's His kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment