Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan and Cancer

I want to take a moment to express my feelings about the disaster in Japan, today Japan was hit by a 8.9 level earthquake followed by a tsunami  that devastated the country.  Now there is fear of a nuclear meltdown. I just want the survivors to know that the world is watching the world is praying and the world wants to help.  I pray to God that the death toll stays low, although I don't expect it too.  I pray for a quick rebuilding of Japan and that the people find the strength they are known for and stand strong during the days, weeks and months to come.  You are in my prayers.
Next I want to talk briefly about my fundraiser, I am having my head shaved on the 17th of this month to support  children with Cancer.  I am trying to raise 1,000 and have a tenth of it raised already.  Believing God for a miracle today, and this week.  The crisis in Japan will receive millions of dollars in donations and justly so, it is a crisis and a terrible tragedy but I am asking for help with this other issue.  There are thousands of kids with Cancer in the United States alone, let us stand up and love them and honor the ones who have fallen.

Please join me in praying for Japan and the numerous victims of cancer.

In Christ,
Jim

1 comment: