Saturday, April 23, 2011

Peace and Quiet and a date free night wow

Today has been awesome. I started with a five mile walk did it in 1:32:49 need to get down to 1:00:00 to meet my goal.  It was a beautiful spring day and I really enjoyed it.  I had a blind date tonight and she was unable to find a baby sitter so we will try again some other time.  That's ok, I don't mind.  I have been working on some projects around the house.  Looking forward to just relaxing tonight, I will have company over tomorrow for dinner, making a candied ham.  It will be good.  Last night I hung out with S.L. and her boy, did pizza and talked  for hours.  Always nice when you can do that. We were going to watch a movie but we never got around to it.  We talked about the walk I am planning next spring break.  I am excited about it and very much looking forward to it.  Got to get up to 40 miles in a day. I can do ten in three hours, right now it would take me 12 hours of walking need to get it down to 7-9 hours.  S.L. thinks it's a great idea and she is excited about it.  She said she will drive ahead to each town with water.  I have one other man already who said he would do this, Awesome!  If you don't know what I am doing here is a quick run down. I plan to walk across Idaho for Domestic Violence Awareness.  It needs to stop, men need to see there is an alternative, they can walk it off.  We have been trying to control this by getting help for the women, which is great, but we need to stop these problems before they happen.  We need men to stand up and say "I will NOT strike her. NEVER." "My Wife will NEVER fear me." I could go on and on about this and I probably will during the next year.  I have a year to train. Tonight somewhere in America a woman will die at the hands of the man she loves. I have to do something.

In Christ
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment