Thursday, April 21, 2011

Offered A Job today. Almost sounds to good to be true.

I received a phone call as I was getting ready for school so like most people I looked at the caller ID didn't recognize it and let the machine get it.  It was someone offering me a job, and a great level of pay and if it is who I think it is, a really fun job that totally works around my school schedule will still give me family time and social time.  I couldn't be happier.  If it is what I think it is, it would be a DJ job for Weddings, parties, etc.  I have done DJ work in the past and would really enjoy this job.  I am such a social person and to be honest I enjoy a party, not a big drinker myself but I think this would be a lot of fun.  I asked my kids what they thought and they were all behind the idea.  They remember when I DJ'ed in the past and they think it would be cool.  Is there some kind of status quo for having a DJ Dad?  I don't know. Maybe lol.
School is going well, I have some stuff to knock out and it will be done pretty quick, mainly math and Spanish, pretty much done in English and Speech.  Business is a cake walk.  So if I can focus on math and Spanish I should do fine.  It will be nice to have a semester done.
My oldest daughter was very depressed today. It actually scared me and I had to go to my prayer closet and pray for her.  It was triggered by a bad dream, which triggered a bad flashback from a point of her life she would rather forget.  She is strong, but today she was hurting and I couldn't do anything but hug her and tell her I loved her.  There are some things that as a Dad I can't do, and one is rid my kids of pain, hurt and frustration.  If only I could.  It would be wonderful to show them just how special they are in my eyes, to let them see the potential that they have and the things I believe they can do.
But I can't.  I can encourage and direct them, pray and hope they allow God to lead them down this road of life.  Sometimes you have to love by holding and sometimes by letting go. Never easy.
I hope I am doing this right, I pray that I am and Ask God for his direction in their and my life.
Thank you brothers and sisters for looking at my log today, check back often God is doing wonderful things in my life, to Him be the Glory.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment