Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not easy being a single Dad but worth it.

Today was a pretty nice day.  I took the kids to church this morning then to McDonald's for lunch.  After we went home and did a little house cleaning, but I really didn't want to make a day of work.  It's hard being a single dad, going to school, working from home and raising three kids.  But I give it my best.  Tonight I made a turkey dinner, with baked potatoes corn and bread.  Topped it off with a cup of Chai tea and we had a nice dinner.  Let me tell you dinner was easy, Foster Farms makes a great Herb Seasoned Turkey Breast Roast that comes in an oven bag with a pop up timer.  Take it out of the box and  put it right in the oven for two hours.  Potatoes are a piece of cake, wash them poke them with a fork and bake them after the turkey has been in the oven for two hours. Corn you can microwave but I prefer to cook it on the stovetop.  Add a little butter and pepper for taste, buy premade bread and you have a nice family dinner with almost no work.  A single Dad (or mom) can do this easily.
Dinner we sat in the living room watching the first season of friends the t.v. show.  I love the show, my kids tell me that I remind them of Ross. I like all three of the guys on the show so any of them are ok with me ;-).
After dinner we just relaxed and laughed together as a family.  Just enjoying each other's company.  I love my kids and feel very blessed to have them in my life.  So glad I am a Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment