Saturday, May 14, 2011

With Heat Comes Difficulty, But You are Worth It.


It has been breaking 80 degrees the last few days. I have been walking 5 miles a day to prepare myself for the cross state walk. It's going to be tough.  In 80 degrees it feels like 10 miles. What would it be like this summer when it is 100? This is why I am planning the walk next year during the week of spring break.  This year it rained and snowed during spring break.  It will be easier to walk in the snow then in the heat.

I plan to continue training though, and hope to up my daily walk to 10 miles, now that I am done with school for the semester.  When the way gets tough I think of you ladies, and the pain you have had to experience and I can't help but force myself to go on in honor of you.

Maybe you came to this blog, wanting to vent against men, maybe you are fearful of the moment he comes home tonight, maybe you just want to believe there is still hope for man.  Whatever your feeling today, I just want you to know YOU are worth a five mile walk in the heat.  You don't deserve to be hit, no one does.

I believe in you. You may have had to make hard choices in the past, they may be coming in the future.  Whatever the case. You don't DESERVE to be hit.  You are better then that.  I encourge you to seek help, from friends, family, social services, police, churches, somewhere.  There are people who will stand with you. You are not alone.

And you are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment