Thursday, March 17, 2011

What can be done about Childhood Cancer?

What can be done about childhood cancer?  There are treatments to kill the cancer or to at least attempt to stop it from spreading, I will be honest I don't really know the medical side of it.  It's not my field of expertize.
I like to think there might be a cure one day, I truly hope and pray that there will be one day.  But I just don't know.  But I helped today.  It might not seem like much but I did something about this terrible disease, today I shaved my head at a St. Baldswick's ( http://www.stbaldricks.org/events/cwi ) fundraiser and took pledges of over 100.00 to donate to the cause of cancer research.  It was an awesome experience and I was very proud to take a place among all the others that stood up for the youth in our nation.  It was inspring to see the women who shaved their heads too.  I was proud of them and even found myself whistling at them.  There was a certain attractiveness of the look, but I think the most attractive thing was the heart that was willing to make a sacrifice like that for kids they didn't even know.  Got to admire that.
I want to do more, but not sure what to do.  I guess I can keep reminding people this cause is worth supporting.  These kids need our help.  You can donate at the link above.  Just look for Jim Delfino in the list of "Shavees" that will be me.  I posted my video of the shaving on the blog but you might have to look for it (new to blogging and not sure how it all works) it was a fun time.  Thanks for checking it out.  Support if you can.  We together can make a difference in the battle against Childhood Cancer.
In Christ,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment