Monday, September 21, 2015

Why be Anti-Islam?

While in California last month, I had a man attempt to convert me to Islam. I have been seeing a lot of post about rid America of Islam and Muslims. To be honest it kind of sickens me.
I AM A DEVOUT CHRISTIAN. I may not be a bible thumping, judge you, act perfect kind of guy some believe Christians are. I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe he died for my sins, rose again and walks with me.
That said. I am sickened by the lack of respect for Islam. As I said I was approached by a man, he wasn't wearing traditional clothes, he wasn't even of middle eastern decent.
He was a homeless man, who said I looked depressed and asked if I wanted to talk about it.
At the time I was a little home sick, very tired but not depressed. But he tried to make my day better, and asked for nothing in Return.
Yes there are extremist out there, there are in any religion, those who force their beliefs on others, either by force, intimation, or being assigned to a place of power.
This happens with non believers too.
I have never seen someone change their faith (or gain one) by anything other then love.
I love God, therefore I love the people in my life, to please God.
I didn't convert to Islam, but I did respect the man who introduced me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment